Working in partnership with numerous different local organisations, some of the community programmes which are currently delivered by the Academy are:
- Street Football in a Safe Place – an initiative where local school children can play for free at specific times each day.
- Friday FooTEA club – every Friday night Primary School children from the local area come to the Academy, where they receive an hours supervised football, can play indoor games and enjoy a nutritious meal.
- Street Fit-Baw Programme – each week, using our portable pitch and working in partnership with local youth agencies, to provide a 2-3 hour provision for young people of all ages to play small sided games for free.
- School Visit Programme – each week Spartans Community Coaches deliver coaching sessions in various local primary schools.
- Street Football in a Safe Playground – On Monday and Wednesday lunch times, Spartans Community Coaches supervise lunch time play at St Davids primary school.
- Making Magic Memories – our youth workers regularly take children from the local area out to various locations such as Laser Quest, Hampden Park etc., in order to provide these children with memorable days out that they will remember for years to come.
- Spartan’s Smilers – one of our signature programmes, Smilers is a 5 week oral health programme that teaches Primary 3 aged school children the importance of good dental health and oral hygiene.
- BHS Homework Club which combines recreational play with the chance to do homework in the school library with the help and support of Academy staff.
- Academy Ambassadors Programme – our mentoring programme for volunteers who help us to support and deliver our programmes.
On top of these programmes, the Academy provides placement opportunities on a regular basis for S3-S6 aged high school pupils, also college students from Telford, Stevenson & Jewel & Esk Valley.